Who we are Open Ethics
is a global inclusive initiative with the mission to engage citizens, legislators, engineers and subject-matter experts into a transparent design process of solutions backed by artificial intelligence to make positive societal impact. Our website address is: https://openethics.ai
Data Protection contact email: [email protected]
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We collect information about you and your organizations to respond to your request. You can always request to delete your personal data.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
When the Google Analytics tracking code loads on the page, a usage information is generated and then sent to Google Analytics. By default, this Google Analytics hit captures data like:
- Page Information
- URL – the URL of the page the user is viewing
- Title – the title of the page the user is viewing
- Browser Information
- Browser name – the browser the user is using
- Viewport or Viewing pane – the size of the browser window
- Screen resolution – the resolution of the user’s screen
- Java enabled – whether or not the user has Java enabled
- Flash version – what version of Flash the user is using
- User Information
- Location – this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated. The IP address itself is not available in GA as it is personally identifiable information (PII) which violates the terms of Google Analytics.
- Language – derived from the language settings of the browser
Who we share your data with
We do not share your data with anyone without your direct consent.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We retain your contact information if you have contacted us using a form or if you have signed up for a newsletter.
How we protect your data
- We transfer all data over HTTPS only
- We update our website’s CMS with the later security fixes
What data breach procedures we have in place
- If the data breach is identified, first we contact all affected parties.
- We investigate the reason of the data breach.
- We recover the user data and inform the users.
- We apply necessary procedures to prevent further breaches.
What third parties we receive data from
- Today we receive the depersonalized data from the Google Analytics service to observe aggregate behaviors of the users on this website and to improve the user experience.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We don’t use profiling services or automated decision making on user data